Saturday, September 24, 2011

Next stop, nowhere

On 9/22 President Obama said "We're the country that built in the inter-continental railroad"*. I honestly have never heard of it, and wondered to which continent does it go. Considering the poor on time record of Amtrak it may be that it's just been delayed. I thought the mathematical formula of speed x time = distance may hold the answer, but it's more likely that I was waiting at the train station when my inter-continental ship came in.

Update: During his campaign for President, Senator Obama said "I've been in 57 states"*. The inter-continental railroad might be leaving from one of the states I've never heard of.
  
Damn I've got to be in Europe by Monday
*http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/09/obama-gaffe-jobs-act-speech-brent-spence-bridge-ohio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment